1. Born/Raised: Madison, WI
2. Family: Mom- Tami, Stepdad- Nick, Dad-Steve, Sister-Ashley
3. Hobbies: I enjoy listening to music, spending time with friends and family, snowboarding and reading.
4. Education: I have three years of college completed at Edgewood for my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education.
5. Experience: I have several practicum hours in schools in Madison.
6. Years in the field: Two years in education classes and practicum experience.
7. Years at Animal Crackers: I was hired on 1-26-06
8. Why did you choose to teach in early childhood education? I love being around young children. They are very interesting, clever and fun. I also have a very high level of patience, which can be helpful when working with groups of children.
9. What do you appreciate about the age group you are working with? I am working with one year olds, and I enjoy how different every child is, and how they can make me laugh. I am also interested in how much they grow and change so quickly.
10. What is your favorite childhood memory? I enjoyed spending Saturdays with my grandma doing crafts and playing in the backyard among many other things.
11. What is your favorite children’s book and why? “The Giving Tree”, because I felt so horrible for the tree but was content by the end…t’s a great message.