1. Born/Raised: Born in Chicago IL; raised in Madison, WI
2. Family: I have a family of three including myself; one older sister, and one older brother who passed away in 2001 (Rip Lynell). On my dad side of the family I have two sisters, and one brother. I also have a son and daughter who enjoy Animal Crackers very much!
3. Hobbies: I enjoy reading books that kind of relate to my life. I also like to relax and watch movies.
4. Education: I have my Assitant and Lead Certificates as well as SIDS, SBS, and CPR training. I obtain 25 hour of continuing education annually. I obtain 25 hours of continuing education annually.
5. Experience: I’ve done volunteer work with children in the past, taken classes such as child care teacher and strategies for working with young children. I attend several continuing education classes annually.
6. Years in the field: Since 1998
7. Years at Animal Crackers: I was hired on 11-29-01
8. Why did you choose to teach in early childhood education? As a child I was always a care taker. I knew from that point on I wanted to work with children; it has always been a passion because I am so good at it.
9. What do you appreciate about the age group you are working with? I work with 3-5 year olds, and I love it because I get to see them develop and learn and in the process I get to learn things from them as well. The best part is sending them off to kindergarten and knowing I had something to do with their progress and success.
10. What is your favorite childhood memory? Just growing up with my sister and brother and watching my mom work extra hard as a single parent to make sure we had everything we needed.
11. What is your favorite children’s book and why? "Harold and the Purple Crayon" because children use their imagination all day, and that book allows you to use your imagination when reading it.
12. Tell us something surprising about you that we wouldn't otherwise guess about you? When I was a young girl, probably about 12 years old, I kind of helped one of the older cousins deliver her first child at home because she couldn’t make it to the hospital in time. I was very scared at the time, but it was a great experience.